When one action happens after another one

  • When two actions happen at the same time or one action happens while another is happening
    ... but looking in the mirror I saw that the cut on my head was really quite bad.When did he see that the cut was bad? When he was looking in the mirror.

    Phoning my interviewee back, I told her that I wouldn't be able to make it after all.When did he tell the interviewee he couldn't make it? When he was phoning her.

  • When one action happens after another one
    After making the call, I went back to my flat and started to clean myself up.When did he go back to his flat? After he had made the call.

    After hanging up I went straight to the hospital ...When did he go to the hospital? After he had hung up.

    Note that in these cases the present particple is preceded by after.

To do

After reading this, do you think you could make present particple sentences? Try the quiz to find out. Make one sentence from the two sentences given below.
1: He was sitting on the sofa. He did a crossword.
2: We paid for the meal. We left the restaurant.
3: He was exhausted. He fell asleep on the bus.
4: He was watching a play. He fell asleep.
5: We checked in. We unpacked and went to get something to eat.
học tiếng anh trực tuyến
hoc tieng anh qua video
học tiếng anh online
học tiếng anh miễn phí
học tiếng anh giao tiếp
học tiếng anh cơ bản

0 nhận xét:

Blogger Template by Clairvo